06 Jan Blue Monday
You could be feeling the effects of Blue Monday today, and you won’t be alone. Especially as it’s the same day of going back to work after a lovely break!
Here are some tips that could help you with your day;
- Focus on the good things – that are happening in your life and try not to be dominated by things that may have gone wrong or aren’t going your way.
- Be grateful for what has happened – this will help you focus on the positive things taking place all around you – no matter how small. For example, you can be grateful for having a good night’s sleep, completing your work on time, your colleague helping you out, or your partner doing the shopping for you.
- Try to smile and laugh more – there’s no use forcing it – but studies have found that laughter can help relieve depression, stress, and anxiety.⁴ A simple laugh or smile, at ourselves or other people, can instantly lift our spirits.
- Use positive affirmations – try to start every day with a positive thought, saying, memory, or quote that sets you up for the best possible start. Don’t forget to keep reminding yourself of it throughout the day, too.
- Physical Exercise – If you are normally active, a regular workout will help. If you’re not, don’t worry, a causal stroll in the fresh air will make a difference too.