25 Apr Learning Support Officer – Supply, Bridgend Area
Recruit2schools Ltd is an Education Recruitment company. We are a Bridgend based business with the focus of placing local supply staff in Bridgend Primary Schools. We are an approved agency on the Welsh Government NPS Framework.
We are looking for Learning Support Officers (LSOs) who can cover Foundation Phase and KS2. The role will involve supporting a variety of children within the classroom environment in several Bridgend Primary Schools.
Once fully registered and checked, we will aim to offer you day to day work, or long- term assignments in several Bridgend Primary Schools.
Pay Rate: from £75 per day (inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay)
Temporary – Full or Part-Time
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate will:
- Have Cache Level 3 childcare certification (or equivalent childcare qualification) or substantial experience of working in a school setting.
- Hold EWC registration.
- Have an enhanced DBS for the child workforce (DBS can be processed by Recruit2Schools if not subscribed to the update service).
The successful candidate will also require the following:
- Able to work and support with children of all abilities.
- Experience in covering Foundation Phase and/or KS2 classes.
- Ability to work with groups and follow the class teacher’s direction.
- Demonstrate good communication, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Be patient, understanding, caring, positive and supportive.
- Be friendly, enthusiastic and reliable.
- Be able to demonstrate both initiative and the ability to work as a team.
The Recruit2schools team has combined experience of over 12 years in working with Bridgend Schools and supply staff. Having been awarded the gold standard REC Audited education status, we operate under the very best practice in education recruitment. We have a passion for delivering the best customer service for the schools and the staff we place.
We offer competitive rates of pay, commitment to quality and safeguarding, training opportunities for our staff, have a weekly pay system and provide local work.
We are fully compliant with the Agency Worker Regulations (AWR).
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to equality of opportunity. Enhanced DBS clearance, references and Barred checks are required for all successful applicants.